Monday, May 25, 2009

99 Bottles



What do you do with an abundance of liquor bottles? They're too good to toss into the recycling bin, and I just know they'd be great repurposed into ...something. What that something is, I don't know.

Maybe I should backtrack and explain a little. We have a bar. It's a small, little bar, but a bar nonetheless. And what do people do at a bar? They drink. Alcohol, generally. And what does booze come in? Really nifty, spiffy bottles!

And when crafty, creative people see nifty bottles, what do they do? They drag them home!

The pictures show about a week's worth of empties. Well, the more interesting ones, at least. The plain ones, they can go in the recycle bin.



Share your best tips & ideas in the comments.

One person will win a prize from Sparkle Candy on Etsy! A winner will be chosen randomly on June 1st, and be notified by the 3rd. So, be sure to leave some way for me to contact you!

You can earn extra entries by tweeting about this giveaway, blogging about this giveaway, and by following my blog. So, you can have up to 4 entries!

13 comments:

Katie said...

Howdy stranger! :)
I use some of them for herb vinegars. I make them right in the bottles. They make great presents.

Ľubaša said...

I would use the most interesting of them as a decoration... on the cupboard.

Ľubaša said...

Blog follower

Jena said...

I'd probably use them to make my own extracts, especially vanilla. I've got an abundance of jars right now I'm thinking about using for that purpose, but bottles would be easier.

Carapace said...

Nice bottles makle a great window-garden! Some water, a little cutting of your favorite water-grown plant...and the light looks great coming in through the roots and the colored glass.

Or! Candle holders. But I'm sure you knew about that.

Or use them to make flytraps. But that's an involved set of directions.

My email's in my profile! Or I'm over on etsy a lot, visiting my own shop:
http://carapace.etsy.com

Mia said...

Hi there!! Cute blog you got:)
So, the never-ending question..what to do with those pretty bottles? Man, I've been asking it for years (no I actually don't drink that much, lol), but you can try that:
Put liquid soap inside, find a pump and voila, a soap dispenser:) start making your own soap so you can sell it! and don't forget to send me one:D
Or you can make other liquid things- drinks...
or break them! yes, and then u got many pieces of pretty glass you can use, to make mosaics, vases, sun catchers etc. whatever you can think of.
Just have fun and let us know, what you made:)

Mia said...

and now I'm a follower too:)

Mia said...

oh and one more thing: those labels come off in hot water so u can use them in your craft projects:)

beckandcallgirl said...

Ooh, a soap dispenser is a good idea! I never thought of that.

I'm going to have to go get some vinegar to make herb vinegars.

It's not like I'll ever run out of bottles. Well, at least not for the time being.

w said...

dude. those are awesome. sell them.

um... yeah. that's my big idea.

or. you could fill each one up with different levels of water and play bottle music. like in miss congeniality.

wendiwinn on etsy.

Insanity Kim said...

Unscented colored candles would be awesome, all different lengths and maybe textures too.

You could soak them in salt water to stop them from dripping, though the dripping effect would be awesome. Set them all on a piece of big glass...if you had the room for it, that would look amazing. Also, what about having the party that enjoyed them sign the bottles? To remember the good times and good friends.

Thanks for the fun giveaway! I can be reached via email on my blog.

Nova said...

I'd be wondering how to clean them, since a lot of things tend to leave a residual smell behind. Maybe lemon?

beckandcallgirl said...

If you rinse them out with soap & water, it gets rid of all the residual alcohol & any smell. Or, if they fit, you can run 'em through the dishwasher.