Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Cupcake Capers


Long time, no post. I know, I know - I'm going to get back into the habit of blogging regularly.


Recently, I had a mad cravings for cupcakes. I don't get that way too often, so I cruised out to the best bakery (that I know of) in the area - Sweet Shoppe in Rogersville. That's about an hour round trip from my house.


When I got home, they weren't quite what I was hoping for. I wanted something really decadent, and these were simply very good. The solution? I was going to have to actually make them myself. Blasphemy!


As I pulled out my handy-dandy Joy of Cooking book, I realized that I didn't even have cupcake pans. I didn't have a cake pan. I didn't have any bakeware, save for a couple cookie sheets. What kind of adult am I?


So, off I went, in search of bakeware. I went to the store - nothing I liked. I went to Macy's & checked out their kitchenware. Nothing I liked that was in my price range. Then I hit up the net. I found this awesome set of silicone bakeware. It had muffin pans, mini muffin pans, cake pans, cookie sheets, loaf pans - everything!


I bought the set, and after it arrived, made my cupcakes. They popped right out, and I didn't even have to use liners. They baked evenly, came out soft and moist with a fine texture. They even cleaned up nice & easy.


These silicone pans are my new favorites, and I use them for everything!


1 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Oh, I just love silicone bakeware!