Friday, October 24, 2008

BBQ Anyone?


In our never-ending quest to avoid cooking, we go out to eat. A lot. One of the regular places we go is Danna's Barbeque in Branson. You have to realize, I live in an area of about 225,000 people, with at least a dozen BBQ restaurants, and I still drive 45 mins each way to eat here.


Without a doubt, they have the absolute best pulled pork in the area. Their brisket is fantastic, and their sausage is very good, too.


This week, I finally found heaven - The Pit Plate. More than enough for two, it has pork, brisket, sausage, ribs, and half a chicken, plus all the fixings of beans, cole slaw, fries, and a roll. Ah, the ribs. One of the top 5 I've ever had.


I must say, though, that my favorite probably continues to be BBQ Nachos, but made with fries instead of chips. It's fries, covered with their BBQ beans, melted cheese, meat of your choice (pulled pork, duh), sour cream & jalapenos. Add some of their mild sauce, and it's quite the experience.
There's 3 locations - Branson proper, on Hwy 165; On Table Rock Lake, where you can drive up on your boat (how awesome is that?!) or your car, or in Branson West, just off Hwy 13.

0 comments: