Sunday, April 6, 2008

NHL Playoffs - Teams Chosen, Matchups TBA

Hockey is my second love, after crafting. I fell in love with hockey while working on a school project at a friend's house in 6th grade. Nearly 20 years later, the passion is still there.

I always know when it's Spring, because the NHL playoffs start are beginning. This year, spring arrives April 7th.

While the matchups haven't been decided yet, the teams are finally set.

In the Eastern Conference they are:

  1. Montreal Canadiens
  2. Pittsburgh Penguins
  3. Washington Capitals
  4. New Jersey Devils
  5. New York Rangers
  6. Ottawa Senators
  7. Boston Bruins
  8. Philadelphia Flyers

In the Western Conference they are:

  1. Detroit Red Wings
  2. San Jose Sharks
  3. Minnesota Wild
  4. Anaheim Ducks
  5. Dallas Stars
  6. Calgary Flames
  7. Colorado Avalanche
  8. Nashville Predators

Once the standings are final, I'll give my predictions & breakdown on the matchups.

On a personal note, I'm hoping that the Sharks & Avalanche don't meet in the first round. Of course, that would mean a Flames/Sharks matchup in the opening round - not much better, but then I'd at least get to see some Flames games ( and Robyn Regehr - RAWR!) since my cable company doesn't offer Center Ice.

0 comments: